NYU Langone Hospital for Joint Diseases

Overview

The Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute (HJD) is a 220-bed voluntary not-for-profit hospital located at 17th Street and Second Avenue in the Gramercy Park neighborhood of Manhattan.

First incorporated in 1905 and relocated to its present site in 1979, HJD has evolved from an orthopaedic/rheumatologic hospital into a specialty medical institute with expertise in orthopaedic surgery, rheumatology and molecular medicine, rehabilitation medicine, and neurology and specialized neurosurgery.

HJD provides primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of service in the treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention of musculoskeletal, rheumatologic, and neurological diseases and injuries. Serving an area that encompasses New York City, Nassau County, upstate New York, Northern New Jersey, and beyond, HJD is an affiliate of NYU Medical Center and a teaching hospital of New York University School of Medicine.