Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention Program
Colorectal cancer (sometimes just called colon cancer) is the second-leading cause of cancer death in the United States, but it doesn’t have to be.
Most colon cancers develop from pre-cancerous growths, called polyps. Pre-cancerous polyps and early colon cancers often cause no symptoms. With colon cancer screening, potentially pre-cancerous polyps can be found and removed before they turn into cancer, thereby preventing that cancer. Colon cancer screening also allows us to detect colon cancer in its earliest stages, when treatment is highly effective.
The NYU Langone Division of Gastroenterology’s Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention Program features:
- Gastroenterologists who are specially trained and experienced in colonoscopy screening;
- A focus on high-quality colonoscopy procedures, emphasizing adenoma detection rate and other national quality measures;
- NYU Langone state-of-the-art gastroenterology offices and procedure centers, conveniently located in your own neighborhood throughout New York City and Long Island;
- Availability of innovative, new colonoscopy screening technologies--such as
full-spectrum endoscopy (FUSE), which allows for an enhanced 330-degree view of the colon, and robotic colonoscopy, which allows for a sedation-free procedure in those who cannot or do not wish to undergo sedation.
- Cutting-edge research in innovative, new procedure technologies to improve diagnosis and treatment and, ultimately, ensure the very best in patient care;
- Close collaboration with your referring physicians and primary care physicians, as well as all needed specialists to ensure a comprehensive, multidisciplinary, integrated approach to patient care;
- Always, a compassionate, patient-centered approach to care.
- The NYU Langone Medical Center offers free health seminars, ask-the-expert-sessions, and other educational events for our patients and the community.
- If you would like our NYU Langone colon cancer screening specialists to provide an educational event for your organization, please call us at: 646-754-4540.